Location: Colgan Hall, Room 104
Hours of Operation – Click Here
Information Desk: 703-993-8340
Website: Mercer Library
Mercer Library is part of the George Mason University Libraries system and provides full access to all Mason-owned print and electronic resources. Researchers have a collection of one million titles and numerous electronic databases at their disposal. The Mercer Library collection specializes in the following disciplines: Health and Fitness, Tourism, Administration of Justice, Education, Biodefense, Bioinformatics, and Computer Science.
The following resources are available at the Mercer Library:
- Classes in library research techniques
- One-on-one reference consultations
- Library tours
- Group study room- Click here to reserve a spot!
- A group media viewing/conference room
- An assistive technology room
- Media viewing carrels for videos, audiotapes, and DVD’s
- Computer terminals with Microsoft Office software and printers (see Payment Methods below)
- Two photocopy machines (see Payment Methods below)
Payment Methods for Print or Copy machines:
Card Readers on printers and copy machines accept payment using Mason ID card, Cash Card, or Department Copy Card. Cash value may be added to Mason ID cards and Cash Cards using the ‘cash only’ Teller Machine located in Mercer Library. Cash Cards cost $1. Add cash value to cards in desired amounts prior to use. Each printer page costs 7 cents; copier page, 10 cents each.
Returns: Library materials may be returned to any Mason Library Circulation Desk and the information desk at the Johnson Center regardless of where they were checked out.
Acquiring Materials Not Currently On Hand: Mason faculty, staff and students may have materials from other Mason libraries sent to Mercer Library. Links for the various types of loan requests are on the library home page at E-Requests.