- This event has passed.
Ping Pong Tourny
October 13, 2014 @ 9:00 am - October 24, 2014 @ 5:00 pm
Dear Round of 16 Winners,
There will be an extension on the Ping Pong Tourny until the 31st of October. Next week we will have the Round of 8 played in the same area, which is the (Student Lounge).
Please do not forget to email Derek Markheim or reply to this email about your days and times of availability from October 20th – October 24th.
After you all provide us with this information we will organize the bracket, to include the date and time of each game. Additionally, we will send an email to remind you of the date and time of your match. Thanks for your participation with our Prince William University Life Event!
- Rally to decide who gets the first serve
- Every 5 points change server
- If the ball hits the edge of the table it still counts
- Let Rule – Means if the first player hits the net and his opponents side of the table, the play stops and the first player gets another chance to serve. 2 lets equals the opponents point. If the first player hits the net and the ball does not hit the opponents side of the table, then it is considered the opponents point.
- The match is played to 21
- Best out of 3 matches
- The game-point serve goes to the losing player
- 10 minutes late to the match = automatic forfeit
- Serving Rule – A player must present the ball in the air before serving. For instance, one must at a minimum present the ball in the air before hitting the ball with the paddle for a serve. Therefore, you cannot throw the ball into the paddle to increase the speed of your serve.
- If the ball hits the ceiling you must redo that point. However, if the first player hits the ball into the ceiling noticeably out of control; then it is the opponents point. Referees will determine each play.
- Referees have the ultimate decision during every match. Arguing will be an immediate disqualification.
- If you want to debate a play you have one chance per match to ask for review of that play from the referees.
Lets play hard and fair. I can’t wait to see who wins the URBeats by Dre Headphones! I have already seen some phenomenal talent in this tournament. Be competitive, but controlled, and have a good time.
Prince William Campus University Life
George Mason University